CSEC Enrollment Process for the 2013-14 School Year
Prospective Student Form (webform)
Prospective Student Form (download)
Fill out a Prospective Student Form.
Attend an Informational Meeting.
Enrollment Forms are available in the admin office (Suite E), and online.
All students must take the Accuplacer test. Testing will begin in late March 2013.
Check CSEC's Live Calendar for dates, times and locations. Appointments are recommended. Walk-ins will be accommodated as space and time is available.
When the enrollment process is complete, the student's file will be submitted to the Registrar for final approval.
An official letter of acceptance will be sent to students who have been approved.
After you have completed the enrollment process and have been accepted, your file will be turned over to the Advising team. Your Academic Advisor will call you to set up an appointment to set up your Student Success Plan. Parents are encouraged to attend this meeting.
Prospective Student Campus Visit Information
CSEC welcomes prospective students as visitors on the CSEC campus during the school day. These visits must be pre-arranged.
- The prospective student will be allowed to “shadow” a CSEC student, attending classes and lunch with that student.
- During 6th period (2:15-3:15pm) the prospective student and his/her parent/guardian will have the opportunity to meet with a CSEC staff member who will be available to answer questions.
- CSEC will choose an appropriate CSEC student for the prospective student to shadow based on grade level, Accuplacer scores (if available), age, career interest and other known information.
Before applying for a Campus Visit, the prospective student and parents must:
- Submit a New Student Enrollment form. (http://csec914.org/prospective-students/ep)
- Carefully review the Prospective Students portion of CSEC’s website
- Attend an Informational Meeting (if possible)
- Take the Accuplacer test (if possible)
Applying for a Campus Visit
- The application process can take 2-3 weeks to process depending on the availability of CSEC host students.
- Prospective students must fill out the Campus Visit Application completely including parent signatures and contact information and current school contact information.
- Student must also submit a Consent to Provide Information form so that CSEC can request information from the student’s current school to make sure there are no discipline or attendance issues that CSEC should know about before allowing the student on the CSEC campus. This form will indicate that the visiting student is participating in a CSEC event. It will not indicate that the student is pursuing enrollment at CSEC.
- After the application is reviewed and a positive referral is received from the student’s current school, CSEC will contact the student to set up a date for the Campus Visit. (There is no shadowing during the last two weeks of the school year in May.)
On the day of the Campus Visit, prospective students will report to the Enrollment Office (room 255) to get a visitor badge and meet up with the CSEC student they will be shadowing.
- Visiting students must follow all CSEC campus rules including dress code. All of these policies are available at: http://csec914.org/current-students/handbook
- CSEC has an open campus, but visiting students and their hosts are strongly encouraged to stay on campus the entire school day.
- The visiting student and CSEC student host will receive a free lunch in CSEC’s cafeteria.