CSEC provides textbooks for all students. On-campus students receive their textbooks from their teachers in the classroom. Off-campus students, including PPCC, UCCS and CTU Quarter students, must follow the following procedure to obtain the needed textbooks for their courses:
Off-Campus Textbook Procedure
CSEC will purchase textbooks based on the following procedures. These procedures must be followed if you want to be reimbursed by CSEC for the books. You can choose to purchase and keep the textbooks if you do not want reimbursement.
- Check first with CSEC to see if we have your books in our lending library before purchasing textbooks. Call Kim Solberg at 719-955-4696, email her at email@example.com, or stop by room 435 during school hours.
- CSEC requires that all textbooks which are submitted for reimbursement be used. If a used textbook is not available, you must receive authorization from Kim Solberg at 719-955-4696 to purchase a new textbook or it will not be reimbursable. Please call if you would like help to facilitate used textbook purchases.
- To determine the required books for as class, go to ppccbookstore.com or uccsbookstore.com. Enter your term, department and course. The required books will be shown and you can see whether or not used materials available. You may purchase used materials at the college or online. Copy the 13-digit ISBN #.
- Go to bookfinder4u.com or other search site. Enter the 13-digit ISBN#. Purchase the book(s) and save your receipts.
- CSEC purchases the textbooks for the student, whether or not they are new or used, that book is the property of CSEC and must be return at the end of the semester. CSEC does not reimburse for sales tax.
- CSEC will only be responsible for the reimbursement of required textbooks for a class. Students may purchase optional material at their expense for a class or purchase and keep their books.
- To receive reimbursement, fill out the required form and return it to the school with copies of receipts. CSEC does not reimburse for sales tax.
- Reimbursed textbooks must be returned at the end of the semester to Kim in room 435 (just off the cafeteria). You will be charged for books which have been reimbursed and not returned.